Thursday 6 August 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky First Impressions + Swatches

Are we excited?! This week saw the launch of the newest Naked palette here in the UK, and being the UD junkie that I am I was ALLOVER the pre-release. This palette arrived in my eager hands yesterday and after playing with it a little bit, I'm going to share my first impressions with you. Hold on to your hats folks, this is going to be a long one.

HIGH is the first shade we come to in the palette. It's a perfect shimmering champagne, ideal for inner corner highlights. This is reminiscent of Sin but with a more neutral undertone.

DIRTYSWEET is next, the name reminds me of T-Rex.. You're dirtysweet and you're my girl! Get it on! Bang a gong get it on! Okay enough of that. This is a light golden honey bronze shade with plenty of shimmer. Perfect for making blue eyes pop and a good every day shade. 
 
RADAR is a warm shimmering brown with what looks like tiny flecks of gold and silver running throughout. We first saw this shade in the Vice 2 palette. The formula has changed somewhat since then, as my Vice 2 Radar is chunky and full of glitter. 

ARMOR is a taupey silver grey with TONNES of glitter. I used this yesterday and holy fallout batman. I would suggest using this with a setting spray to ensure you don't end up with grey glittery cheeks. 

(Always one out of focus argh!)
Next is SLANTED, a blue steel shimmery grey. This seemed to be kinda sheer but I'm sure it can be built up nicely on the lid.

DAGGER is a deep blue toned grey with a satin finish. This shade looks so tasty I could eat it. Again this seemed kinda sheer, but that's nothing a little layering with a flat brush won't fix. 

Next is BLACK MARKET, a satin deep grey/black. This shade is Divine with a capital D. I can't wait to pack this allover my lid with a dash of Dagger in the crease.

Next is the shade people were most excited for, SMOULDER. A blackened aubergine purple with a satin finish, Smoulder really stands out within this palette and would look great allover the lid blended out with Whiskey. This isn't the vibrant purple you might be expecting though, it's definitely a black base with purple shimmer but beautiful non-the-less. 

Next is PASSWORD, a taupey grey matte. This shade looks quite light in the pan but swatched it becomes rather dark. 

WHISKEY is a medium warm-ish matte brown. I'm really excited to have this shade in the palette as I love playing around with warm and cool tones together. This is definitely going to be a go-to crease colour.

Next is COMBUST, a matte skin-toned dusty peach/pink. This would make an excellent transition colour or a good allover shade for a 'your lids but better' look. Lol.

And last but not least, we have THIRTEEN, a satiny off-white cream shade perfect for brow bones and inner corners everywhere. This shade disappears into nothing on my skin because I'm so ghostly pale, but would make an excellent highlight for anyone with skin darker than a sheet of A4.



Naked Smoky is priced at £38 and is available NOW from the Urban Decay UK website and arriving soon at Debenham's. 


Will you be picking up this palette? Have you fallen victim to the Naked appeal? I know I have. 

Leave me a comment, follow me on Instagram @littleever1 and thanks for stopping by! 

Eve xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment