Wednesday 24 June 2015

Top 10 Nude Lipsticks

Hello!
I thought it was about time I shared some of my top 10 products, starting today with nude lipsticks. I never realised how many nude-ish lipsticks I owned, maybe I should stop buying them now? No? Okay then if you say so ;)
I couldn't put these in order of favourites so these are coming at'cha in colour order of a fashion. 

The observant amongst you will notice that there are 11 lipsticks in this photo.. I've included a bonus Jonas pairing that I'm undecided about.

First on my arm of swatches is MAC's Velvet Teddy.

Velvet Teddy is a warm brown nude, and pretty much my go-to when I don't know what to wear on my lips. It's a matte formula which is usually what I go for, staying power is number one on my list of requirements.


Next is 1995 from Gérard Cosmetics. This is definitely in the same vein as Velvet Teddy, it screams 90's brown nude which seems to be the big thing right now.

These two are really similar. 1995 is a tad darker and slightly more brown. 


Next is the bonus pairing. I bought these two years apart but they work pretty well together.

This is Wet 'n' Wild lip pencil in Chestnut on its own. Again that 90's nude thing goin' on.

And here it is with Sleek Naked lipstick over the top. The Sleek lipstick looks AWFUL on me alone, but over Chestnut it creates a really nice orangey brown. 


Next are some of my FAVOURITE liquid lipsticks from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. 


Celebrity Skin is another brown nude and perfect in every single way. The colour is great and the formula is even better. These last and last and last, I can't sing their praises enough. If you're after liquid lipstick that could stay on for days, this is for you.


Another from Jeffree Star. I was worried this colour would look terrible on me when I ordered it, but luckily it's just the right amount of pale.


I'm Nude is just perfection. It's a true nude but not at all 'concealer lips'. One for the pale girls, I say.


Another true nude now, and at the other end of the price range. This is shade 14 from MUA.


This is quite peachy and normally not at all what I would go for, but on the lips it looks pretty damn good. I've been wearing this over a purple-grey lip liner to make it cooler toned, but it is just as good alone. The formula of this leaves something to be desired but can you complain for a pound? 


Here is the second lipstick from Gérard Cosmetics, and one that I was really excited about, Underground.


Underground is supposedly a good dupe for a 'greige' liquid lipstick from a brand that I don't care to mention *cough* boycott lime crime *cough*. This lipstick is a perfect shade of grey without making you look too living dead. I like to wear this with a cool toned eye and plenty of contour/bronzer to warm my face back up and avoid looking top much like a corpse.


Next is MAC's Twig. We're moving over to the pinky nude spectrum now. 


Twig is quite an ashy, dusty pink colour. It doesn't look like it next to Underground though. It still has a brown tone in there somewhere. This is a shade I think would be universally flattering on all skin tones.


Next is a nude offering from Revlon in the form of Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry.


This might not be what everyone would call a nude, and probably is more of a neutral than nude, but for the sake of this blog post it's a nude. This is a pretty deep raspberry-ish pink and another go-to when I don't know what to wear on my lips. And it smells minty! Mmm...


This is another of my faaaaaavourite liquid lipsticks, the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets. I've bough all 8 of them. That's the sign of a serious problem.



The swatch doesn't do this lipstick justice. The first layer can be washy, but when it's dried down and you put on a second layer, err ma gerd, there is no budging it. I've worn these lipsticks and still had them on the next day because they just don't move. Nude-ist is another lovely pinky colour and again something I think would be universally flattering.


The last lipstick! We made it! Finally I have an Illamasqua lipstick in Climax.


Another very pink colour, and probably the most vibrant of the bunch. This is another great nude colour that doesn't get enough use sat in my stash. Illamasqua lipsticks are verrrrry matte, so I wear this over a lip balm to make it feel less drying. 


If you've stayed with me to the end, thank you so much <3 

Here's a final lineup of all the swatches..

I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of my favourite nude(ish) lipsticks. If you're into matte lips definitely check out Jeffree Star Cosmetics, I buy mine from Cocktail Cosmetics here in the UK.

Thank you for stopping by, please follow my blog for more! 
You can also find me at @littleever1 on Instagram <3

Eve xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment